Next week, LMO will be publishing its latest Whitepaper – SAM Insourcing Vs Outsourcing.
To Insource or Outsource SAM?
That is the question many organisations ask at some point during their Software Asset Management (SAM) journey, from initial recognition that effective SAM is important in avoiding risk and minimising cost, to fully embracing SAM in line with ISO19770-1.
There are many aspects to consider and what is right for one organisation will differ to another so to help you toward the right choice, the Whitepaper considers and explores numerous factors that need to be understood and weighed up before an informed decision can be made.
This includes cost, which is an important element but often there are external factors beyond your control to make the decision making process extremely challenging but careful planning and ongoing monitoring can make all the difference between success and failure.
- Importance of effective SAM
- The SAM Journey Step by Step
- ISO/IEC 19770-1 Overview and Correlation with ISO 27001
- Understanding Your Requirements
- SAM Tools – Do you need more?
- Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Insourcing/Outsourcing Pros and Cons
- Cost Implications
- Finding the Right Staff or Partner
Confirmation of availability will be sent next week.
The LMO Team